SEGi University & Colleges, Malaysia
SEGi University is the largest private University in Malaysia with more than 42 years of establishment. SEGi University laid its foundation in 1977 and has an experience of more than 5 decades.
The University offers professional degrees with worldwide recognition. Currently, it has a student base of 25,000 above from more than 92 countries. The ambience, therefore, is bound to be culturally rich.
Apart from Medicine, several faculties like Dentistry, Creative Arts and Design, Business, Technology and Innovation exist within the university. The university has an academic library, swimming pool and great hostels that can accommodate up to 12K students. SEGi University Address is Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
The SEGi University World Ranking is 3624th while as far as the SEGi University Country Ranking is concerned the university ranks on top among medical universities in Malaysia.
Facts about studying in SEGi University
The SEGi University has the following attractive features stated below:
- The university has successfully laid 40 years of solid foundation which is indeed not just number. Hence, the experienced university with innovative and interactive teaching is something any students would look for.
- The SEGi University has claimed Top 4 position regarding international Student index for QS World University ranking in Asia.
- The university has received 5 Star rating in 8 different scopes such as Teaching, Online Learning, Employability, Arts & Culture, internalization as well as for Specialist Criteria for the MBBS degree.
- Through strong linkage of the university with industries or companies active worldwide students get to avail the opportunity of getting employment.
- SEGi enables the students to tone up their soft skills through its active Enrichment Programme.
- There is no such language barrier in Malaysia as English language is the most preferred language other than their native language.
Medical Programs at SEGi University
The SEGi University Medical programs include several Master, Doctorate, Certificate and diploma courses. Bachelors degree served at the university are Dental Surgery (BDS), Biomedical Science (Hons), Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Optometry (Hons), Pharmacy (Hons), Pharmaceutical Sciences and Vision Science. Masters are offered in MSc Vision Science and Pharmaceutical Science.
Cost of studying MBBS at SEGi University
SEGi University Fee Structure for 2022 of MBBS falls in the medium range. The SEGi University and Colleges MBBS fees in rupees on an estimated value of (1MYR = 18 INR) thus, the fees for Indian Students is Rs65.21 lacs approximately. The details for SEGi University and Colleges Fees are as follows:
|Course Fee(IN MYR)||68020||66020||66020||66020||65970|
Admission Deadline for 2022 at SEGi University
For admission in the Universities, the application timing is crucial. Generally, the university has two intakes: First Intake begins in May and Second Intake begins in September.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in SEGi University
SEGi University admission requirements include a score of 70% marks in PCB in Class XII. Of course, you need to have qualified NEET 2021.
Candidates willing to obtain a medical degree from SEGi University need to clear an interview or an entrance exam conducted by the university. For latest updates you can also refer to the SEGi University Official Website.
Indian Students at SEGi University
At SEGi University, Indian students usually feel comfortable being in Malaysia due to similar climatic conditions. Apart from official language, English is the most preferable language spoken by the Malaysian natives.